The demand for AWS cloud computing and AWS-certified architects is increasing exponentially, with no forthcoming dip in sight. Since more and more businesses are actively indulging in this trend of incorporating AWS cloud computing services, we are here to give you an overview of this feature and why it is on a never-ending rise.
In this post, we are going to discuss what is cloud computing with AWS, its history, certification levels, and whether AWS cloud practitioner is worth it for non-technical aspirants seeking a career in it.
What is AWS
Amazon Web Service, better known as AWS, is an online platform offering reliable, scalable, flexible and easy-to-use cloud computing solutions to organisations at an efficient price. AWS is a comprehensive and highly preferred cloud initiative platform which is developed with the combination of the platform as a service(Paas), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and package software as a service (SaaS) offerings.
What is Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is an internet-based computing service in which a wide array of remote servers are networked to enable centralised data storage to send online data access to computer services. Additionally, an organisation can derive several benefits from using the shared computing and storage resources on as-per-need basis instead of having to go through the hassle of building, improving, and maintaining the infrastructure on their own.
There are several other advantages of adopting cloud computing, a few of which are given below:
- Resources are accessible for the network and proper security.
- Users can provision and release resources on demand.
- Cloud service providers can follow the pay-as-you-go model, wherein the customer is charged on the basis of need and resource usage.
- Resources can be scaled up or down automatically (depending on the road).
Take your AWS skills to the next level with our Certification Course! Gain industry recognition and propel your career. Click here to embark on the journey with our range of AWS certification courses.
History of AWS
As we know today, AWS provides a highly scalable, and low-cost service platform in the cloud that powers many businesses in 190 countries. However, where did it all begin? Here is a overview of the history of AWS:
- 2002- AWS services are first launched
- 2006- Amazon released its cloud products
- 2012- Holds first customer event
- 2015- Reveals the data on the attained revenues of $4.6 billion
- 2016- Surpassed $10 billion revenue target
- 2016- Release snowball and snowmobile
- 2019- Started offering nearly 100 cloud services
- 2021- AWS comprises over 200 products and services
What is AWS Certified Cloud Computing?
So far, we have given you a brief insight into Cloud Computing, AWS, and the History of AWS. Now let’s see how they connect by exploring “what is cloud computing in AWS?”
In 2006, AWS first began to offer IT services to the industry in the form of web services, which today is better known as cloud computing. Within this cloud service, organisations were not required to plan for servers and other IT infrastructure occupying a chunk of their time. Instead, they could instantly scan through hundreds and thousands of servers in the AWS cloud, thereby getting results faster. The seamless functionality led to its popularity, and currently, AWS-certified cloud computing has become the most reliable and adept source of certification for candidates looking to learn about the cloud initiatives.
What are the roles & responsibilities of an AWS Cloud Computing Professional?
Cloud computing professionals are expected to fulfil many quintessential roles that may or may not be the similar for each company or organisation. However, the gist of those roles and responsibilities will be mainly associated with cloud computing operations.
Here is a list of all the principal roles mentioned in the job description of an AWS cloud computing professional.
- They are responsible for the AWS cloud infrastructure’s planning, growth and implementation.
- They ideally build, release, and manage the production system’s configuration.
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies.
- Work alongside architects and engineers to plan and design any scalable software services.
- Stay up-to-date with the new rising technology advances and evaluate the plan to adopt the profitable ones.
- Overview of the security for systems by using cloud security solutions.
- Recommend the ideal process for architecture improvement.
What are the skills required for AWS Cloud Computing?
The skills mandated to perform AWS cloud computing are highly variable and rely on specific AWS professionals; however, the fundamental skills that are most demanded in AWS cloud computing are:
- Understanding of Java, Python, C++, Java Script, including BASH scripting.
- Data storage fundamentals
- Security foundations
- AWS service selection
- Cloud-specific patterns and technologies.
What is the difference between an AWS Cloud Computing Associate & Professional?
The principal difference between an AWS cloud computing associate and an AWS cloud computing professional is their validated level of expertise in AWS cloud operations.
Associate Level: This certification level signifies a candidate’s mid-level proficiency in Amazon Cloud Services. The certification holder is identified as having intermediate cloud knowledge to offer the subsequent architectural solutions as a cloud architect. The job role of an AWS-certified solution architect associate typically includes the following:
- Generating in providing the best architectural practice in AWS primarily.
- Designing data protection and security using cloud solutions
- promoting the scalability and security of systems to the next level
- promoting a Traditional form to uplift and adapt to modern cloud architectures.
Professional level: This certification reflects that a candidate has a more skilled and progressive understanding of cloud-based services.
It is the highest level of certification offered by AWS and, consequently, the most challenging certification to attain in the field.
Having the credentials of an AWS-certified solution architect professional sheds a unique spotlight on applicants during job consideration in top-tier companies. Thus, it becomes a gateway to lift their career in the IT sector.
The job description of an AWS cloud computing professional incorporates more intricate tasks, such as:
- Being able to perform complex tasks leads to the overall growth of cloud solutions in the company.
- Overview of the teammates and operation rated to cloud services.
- Working alongside the most certified professional authorities.
How to become AWS Cloud Computing Professional?
Once you understand what is cloud computing with AWS, working to become an AWS-certified computing professional can become an aspiration for most.
To get started in this field, a candidate must first pass the AWS cloud practitioner exam hosted by the official AWS website. Acing the exam can be challenging at first, especially if you don’t have any functional knowledge of AWS. However, to learn the essentials, one can join reliable courses, use study materials, attempt white pages, practice exams, and learn the relevant topics. Passing this exam will validate their cloud knowledge and enable them to practice as an AWS cloud computing professional.
Does AWS Cloud Computing require coding?
AWS cloud computing services are considered an exemplary pathway for individuals with no technical training because the certification doesn’t require any coding or programming skills. Since AWS’s primary use comes with API sets that automate all the operations and staging of resources in the organisation’s software, knowledge of coding is optional to attempt the operation.
Although, depending on your targeted job, you may need to learn the basics of a programming language as you gradually form a basis on AWS.
How to register for the AWS Cloud Computing exam?
To register for any AWS cloud computing exam, one can schedule the test from the official page of Amazon Web Services.
What is the average AWS Cloud Computing salary?
We understand that many candidates have a common question about AWS certification practitioner worth it? After all, the field has its fair share of competition, and you must prepare for an exam through immense preparation. So how lucrative is the path for newcomers? To quench this curiosity, we are mentioning the estimated earnings of an AWS professional.
An AWS cloud practitioner’s salary is around ₹ 5.4 Lakhs per year. It can range from ₹ 2.8 Lakhs to ₹ 13.2 Lakhs annually.